Free! Iwa Same Cafe @ Adores Anime Plaza

To commemorate the release of the Free! Timeless Medley movie, Anime Plaza Cafe (by Adores) in Akihabara has turned into a Free! themed cafe from the 10th of August to 29th of October! It is entitled, "Cafe Iwa Same -Timeless Medley-"

Basically, a Iwatobi and Samezuka Cafe. Yes, I separated the "iwa" and "same" because I read it as "I was a me" cafe at first, which did not make sense.

Being a diehard fan of all things iwatobi swim club, i decided to check out the cafe! Having visited the Anime Plaza Cafe once when it was Yuri on Ice themed, I had maintain my high expectations of the cafe.

Just a short 3-5 minute walk from JR Akihabara station, the Anime Plaza Cafe is not hard to spot. However, do keep in mind to check which lift you're getting on, as there are two in the same building. Reserving a seat on the Anime Plaza website beforehand would be wise. If not, you can also try your luck on the day itself to see if there are spaces available.

Although the cafe is on the fourth floor, do proceed to the third floor to register. Unlike the Animate cafes, goods can be bought at the reception, before entering the cafe itself. Way friendlier. Of course if you'd prefer to purchase the goods at the cafe itself, you're welcome to do so.

As I had reserved a seat beforehand, I gave the receptionist my name and I received a clipboard with my seat number. Order forms for the cafe goods are also clipped on the clipboard.


I proceeded down the hallway and up the stairs to the fourth floor and waited in line. Not much of a crowd here.


There was another hallway after entering the cafe (prepare your cameras) with the Iwatobi and Samezuka characters sprawled all over the walls (kyaa!)




The waiters and waitresses do not cosplay in this cafe, sadly.

This was the view from my seat!


Choose your food items wisely as the freebies differ! Ordering a meal or dessert will get you a placemat. Ordering drinks will get you a coaster.





cute lil' map!

Being a makoharu fan I had to order something makoto-related and haru-related. So after some deliberation...I settled with these!



From the looks of the photo I did not expect this dish to be tasty, but at least the Saba fish was tasty! I was a wee bit shocked when the mako-chan dessert came. It was huge!

The parfait consisted of a scoop of matcha and a scoop of chocolate ice cream. Very smooth ice cream I must say. There were three blocks of chocolate and sticks of picky perched on top as well. The bottom layers consisted of alternating sponge cake and whipped cream, with some matcha sauce at the bottom, yum!

There you have it, the Free! -Timeless Medley- themed cafe by Anime Plaza!



mako chan!








Comments